Proper management of a suction machine is essential for ensuring the safe and effective use of the device. Here are some general guidelines for managing a suction machine:
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions: Before using the suction machine, carefully read the manufacturer’s instructions for use, maintenance, and cleaning.
- Ensure the machine is in good working condition: Check the suction machine to make sure it is functioning properly before use. This includes checking the battery level, ensuring that the tubing is not damaged and that the suction pressure is adjusted appropriately.
- Wash your hands: Always wash your hands before and after using the suction machine to prevent the spread of infection.
- Select the appropriate suction catheter: Choose the appropriate size and type of suction catheter for the patient and the intended use.
- Position the patient properly: Position the patient in a comfortable position with the head elevated, and ensure that the patient is able to breathe comfortably.
- Turn on the suction machine: Turn on the suction machine and adjust the suction pressure as needed.
- Insert the suction catheter: Insert the suction catheter into the patient’s airway, being careful not to cause any trauma or damage.
- Apply suction: Apply suction by gently withdrawing the catheter while applying suction with the machine.
- Observe the patient: Observe the patient for any signs of discomfort or distress during suctioning.
- Clean and disinfect the machine: After use, clean and disinfect the suction machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions to prevent the spread of infection.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and any relevant institutional protocols for the safe and effective use of the suction machine.
You can now order Suction Machine directly from us and have it delivered to your facility: Click here or call +254 733 704690 to order.